Before you read this article, ensure that your WI-FI network has met all of the minimum requirements listed below this article.
Saki sous vide Troubleshooting:
- Remove your cooker from the Saki sous vide app (Top left profile icon)
- Unplug and then re-plug in your Sous vide Cooker.
- Press and hold the WI-FI icon on the Sous vide Cooker WI-FI until it beeps once (approximately 6 seconds) This will clear any existing settings and will help connect you faster. The WI-FI restarting process can take upwards of one minute to complete.
- Delete the Saki sous vide app - this will clear any existing settings on your app and smooth out the connection process
- Reinstall the Saki sous vide app and follow connection process
- Please check WI-FI connection requirements below.
If you received an unsuccessful message once more, try to connect through "Switch AP Mode" on the upper right corner.
If you still have connection problem, please contact us and we'll be happy to further assist!
Ensure that you’re using the latest version of the app.
- Latest iOS version
- Latest Android version
For a faster connection process, move your cooker within 5 feet/1.5 meters of your router (not a wireless repeater). Your cooker only needs to be this close during initial setup. Afterwards, you can unplug your cooker and move it anywhere you’d like. Disabling or unplugging your wireless repeater(s) during setup of your cooker typically yields better connection rates (you can turn them back on after your cooker is connected).
Your cooker will only connect to a 2.4GHz WI-FI network and must be a WPA/WPA2 network (captive portals, enterprise, and WEP networks won't work).
- If you have two network names with the same name - For example “My WIFI Name” and “My WIFI Name-5G” - choose “My WIFI”. Additionally, disabling the 5GHz network during setup of cooker typically yields better connection rates (you can turn the 5GHz network back on after your cooker is connected).
- If a 2.4GHz network isn’t available or your network is not WPA/WPA2, you need to enable these on your router. Please consult your router documentation for more information on how to enable a 2.4GHz network, temporarily disable your 5GHz network, or change your security protocol.
Your network name cannot contain spaces and must be visible (visible SSID).
- Please consult your router documentation for more information on how to change your network name or make your SSID visible.
You must have a network password (open networks won't work) and your network password cannot contain spaces.
- If you need to change your password, please consult your router documentation for more information on how to make this update.