How to Sous Vide Chicken Breast
Cooking chicken can be tricky, especially if are tackling a chicken breast and want to make sure that it is juicy and moist instead of bland and dry. Once you learn how to sous vide chicken breast with the help of Saki's Sous Vide Cooker, you won't be able to cook it any other way! If there is only one dish that presents the most dramatic difference from its traditional way of cooking, it is definitely a sous vide chicken breast. Here is a step-by-step sous vide chicken breast guide for the easiest and tastiest chicken breast recipe.
Ingredients for a Sous Vide Chicken Breast
- Skin-on, bone-in chicken breast
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Lemon and herbs (optional)
Sous Vide Chicken Breast Recipe
Start by preheating your Saki Sous Vide Cooker to the desired temperature. You can settle on a specific temperature based on the desired level of doneness in the sous vide chicken breast temperature vs. sous vide chicken breast time chart below. Make sure the water bath is at the right temperature before adding in your chicken.
Season your sous vide chicken breasts with salt and pepper generously.
Now it's time to bag the chicken breasts. Fold the top of the vacuum bag back over itself, creating a sort of a hem. This hem will help chicken juices from spilling over the edges, avoiding interference with the seal and providing enough vectors for contamination.
Once you have safely prepared the pocket, slide in the chicken breasts into the bag, adding lemon slices and fresh herbs of your choice alongside. Unfold the edges before closing and seal it nicely.
Drop the vacuum bag into the water bath gently, but make sure that you are not blocking the input or output parts of the Saki Sous Vide Cooker. You will know that the chicken is properly sealed when it sinks completely. In order for the sous vide chicken breast recipe to work, make sure to cook the dish precisely at the desired temperature and time.
Once the sous vide cooking is done, remove the chicken gently from the bag and place it on a stainless steel skillet heated with olive oil. Sear the chicken on both sides until done.
Sous Vide Chicken Breast Temperature vs. Sous Vide Chicken Breast Time
The secret to the perfect chicken breast sous vide recipe lies in the right temperature and timing. Follow the indicated instructions for the desired type of doneness.
- For soft and juicy: 140ºF / 60ºC, 1.5 to 4 hours
- For tender and juicy, served cold for salad: 150F / 66ºC, 1 to 4 hours
- For juicy and slightly stringy: 150F / 66ºC, 1 to 4 hours
- For traditionally firm and juicy: 160F / 71ºC, 1 to 4 hours
Sous Vide chicken Tips
- Go easy on the sauce: If you are planning on preparing a sous vide chicken breast sauce after cooking, make sure to make a mild and light sauce to preserve the juiciness of the chicken itself.
- Super-high heat is not necessary for searing: Since the skin-on chicken breast has a natural insulation method, you will not have to heat up the oil on the skillet too much.
- Choose the right spatula: For the best results, make sure to use a flexible and slotted fish spatula when handling the chicken on the stove.
- Fresh or frozen? Your choice: As well as cooking it fresh, you can sous vide chicken breast from frozen and achieve the same results.
SAKI Sous Vide
Learn how to cook your favorite dishes sous vide and enjoy the sheer pleasure of Saki's one-of-a-kind Sous Vide cooker for a premium cooking experience.